Free General Admission
Chili Competition Registration
$10 Advanced Registration now through September 9, 2017
$15 Regular Registration after September 9
Two ways to enter the CONTEST:
For those of you who enjoy bragging about your family recipe home made chili, now is the chance you’ve been waiting for! Join us at the First Annual Montezuma’s Revenge Chili Cook Off to showcase your favorite mouthwatering chili concoction and see how you stack up against the competition!
In addition to the Cook Off we’ll have games, prizes, beer, a silent auction, and a Western Music Association showcase. All proceeds will benefit the Cortez Cultural Center.
Contestant Rules and Regulations:
- Bring thoroughly cooked and prepared chili to the Cultural Center in a crock pot no larger than 7 quarts.
- Provide a list of all ingredients included in your chili to the event organizers prior to the commencement of judging.
- All contestants must be willing to be photographed.
- Setup begins at 3:00 pm. Contestants not set up by 3:30 will be automatically disqualified.
- Contestants will be responsible for supplying all ingredients, cooking utensils, and crock pot. Serving ladles and cups/bowls will be provided by the Cultural Center.
- If your chili has any of the following ingredients, you must label your crock pot informing the public, and the judges, that your chili contains them:
Health Department Requirements:
- Chili should be cooked the same day of the event. Chili temperature must be maintained to at least 135 degrees or greater.
- All foods must come from approved sources. No wild game or road kill allowed.
- Bare hand contact with prepared food is prohibited. Food that is cooked or does not need to be cooked must be handled with utensils, deli paper, or disposable gloves.
- All entrants are required to adhere to the requirements for safe and sanitary food handling as outlined by the Montezuma County Public Health Department.