Festival Lodging Specials
|Fitness Room||Hot Tub||Internet||Microwave|
|Pets Allowed||Refrigerator||Restaurant||Swimming Pool|
|These lodgers offer special rates for festival participants.
Be sure to mention the Birding Festival for discounted rates.
BAYMONT INN AND SUITES
2321 E. Main St., Cortez, CO – (970) 565-3400
Baymont Inn & Suites is located off Highway 160 in scenic Southwest Colorado. Take in the sweeping views of the La Plata Mountains and Mesa Verde Ridge from your room. Our 100% smoke-free hotel is just minutes from Four Corners and other attractions. Enjoy the comfort and convenience of our AAA-approved hotel with free continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a full business center, our on-site gym, heated indoor pool and hot tub, and sunrise / sunset deck. We love pets – call ahead to reserve a pet-friendly room.
BEST WESTERN TURQUOISE INN AND SUITES
535 E. Main St., Cortez, CO – (970) 565-3778
Get away to this charming BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites and delight in being near Mesa Verde National Park, the Four Corners, outstanding trails and much more. Stunning scenery, a convenient location and affordable rates make these accommodations perfect for both leisure and business travelers. Scenic views, archeological discoveries and interesting cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde National Park – which is just 10 miles away. While the park is one of the area’s most well-known attractions, there’s so much more to do while staying with us at the BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites – Clay Mesa, Trail of the Ancients, San Juan National Forest, McPhee Reservoir and Lowry Pueblo Ruins are all within 35 miles.
2020 E Main St., Cortez, CO – (970) 565-3474
Econo Lodge Cortez is a comfortable place to relax in Cortez’ City center, about 25 minutes walking distance from Cortez Cultural Center. Enjoy our sun deck, seasonal outdoor swimming pool and picnic area. All guest rooms include a 32-inch flat-screen cable television, safe, coffee maker and five-point massage shower head. Select rooms contain refrigerators, microwaves, irons and ironing boards. Guest laundry facilities are located on site. We’re located close to golf courses, restaurants and wineries, and just 15 minutes drive from Montezuma County airport.
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS MESA VERDE/CORTEZ
2121 East Main Street, Cortez, CO – (970) 565-6000
Enjoy a comfortable stay and quality service, just Highway 160 in Cortez. One of the best things about lodging in Cortez is our easy access to a number of attractions. Our list of extra amenities is what really makes us stand out. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna. Stop in every morning and fill up on our Express Start breakfast bar, with hot items like eggs, bacon and sausage and especially our signature cinnamon rolls. Our on-site restaurant, Koko’s Friendly Grill, is open for dinner Mon-Sat and offers delicious Southwestern fare. Fort Fun Kids Suites feature bunk beds and video games for the kids.
250 Main St., Bluff, UT – (435) 672-2281
Recapture Lodge has been an oasis for Southwestern visitors for over fifty years. The seasonal outdoor swimming pool (open May 1 – October 1), hot tub, playgrounds and shady picnic areas offer relief from the southwestern sun. Self guided walking and mountain bike trails take visitors from Recapture Lodge to the San Juan River. A complimentary self-serve breakfast is available for guests starting at 6:00 AM until 11:00 AM and includes hot drinks, hot and cold cereal, assorted breads, yogurt, fruit and juices. In-room kitchenettes are available.
Birding Festival General Information
- The Ute Mountain Mesa Verde Birding Festival is the major fundraiser for the Cortez Cultural Center. All proceeds benefit the Center.
- All tours require pre-registration.
- A registration fee is required for all tours except as noted. Full registration includes keynote banquet and all lectures. Daily registration includes that day's lectures. Full registration is required in order to qualify for the free early bird t-shirt.
- Unless otherwise noted, tours will return to the Center at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Van transportation is provided except as noted.
- Tour size is generally 13 or less.
- Cancellations considered on a case by case basis up to 21 days prior to start of Festival. All cancellations subject to a processing fee.
- Availability of restrooms depends on the tour. Nearly all guides scout out restroom locations as well as bird species. Some tours are in parks or other facilities that have established restrooms. Some have outhouses. Others, the only option are bushes. Usually the leader will mention the restroom plan at the beginning of the tour.
- All tours depart from and return to the Cortez Cultural Center.